Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dear Junior... or juniorette

 Dear Baby,

I was thinking about you last night.  Actually, not a day goes by that I don’t think about you.  Is that weird?  You haven’t even been conceived and I already wonder what you will be like.  Will you look like me?  Will you and I have the same sense of humor?  What will that moment be like the first time we see each other?  I have so many “what ifs” in my head about who you will be and even who I will become because of you.

What I know, without even the slightest doubt, is that I will love you fiercely.  The next part of my life will be about you and your needs.  My heart literally aches to hold you in my arms.  I cannot wait to stroke your fuzzy little head, to count and kiss your little toes, and to witness as WHOEVER you are unfolds.

Your papa and I love you so much already.  We talk about you, think about you, and even worry about you.  I can only imagine how that is going to grow and change when we finally have you in our arms.  I love your papa, more than I ever thought it was possible to love another person.  And now you are coming and I already feel my heart growing and getting ready for your arrival. 

See you soon my little one.  I am thinking of you.


Love,

Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment