Sunday, October 30, 2011

35 weeks... wait... what?!?

Megan, her mom, and her aunts threw Tony and I a baby shower yesterday and it was awesome!  As if we weren’t blessed enough with this surrogacy!  It was so much fun and her family is as warm and loving as she is.  Tony and I were both beyond touched.  My mom, aunt, and cousin all came too, and it was nice to watch our families mingle.  How amazing that there are soo many people waiting to love our daughter!!  Megan looks absolutely beautiful, but she’s definitely and understandably ready to go! 


I think I must be nesting.  I spent the ENTIRE day scrubbing, washing, organizing, and packing.  I couldn’t stop!  After Zoey is born Megan, Tony, me, and Zoey will all be staying together for a week at a suite.  It’s a period for us to all transition.  Megan is our family now and one of our very best friends so it’s not like we won’t be spending a lot of time together after the transition.  So everything is ready now we just wait…

5 comments:

  1. I totally understand the nesting urge. We've been scrubbing and organizing as well. It's better than sitting at home and looking at the clock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your site. So excited for you both. Congrats on the soon arriving Zoey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea about staying in the suite together. How funny that you are nesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm nesting and we're only almost 12 weeks. Here comes Zoey in just a few weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Transition is good. Smart thinking. You guys are sooo ready!!

    ReplyDelete