Thursday, August 11, 2011

Family Dinners.... with PRINCESSES

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY PAPA BEAR!!!  Yesterday was Tony’s birthday and we had a great birthday dinner with our family, including Megan, her daughter, and husband.  Tony is way more comfortable making people feel special than being celebrated himself, but he deserved all the attention he got and more.  When he was opening his gifts he asked Megan's daughter to help him.  It was the cutest thing you have ever seen.  I know he was doing it partially because all little kids like to open presents, even other people's, and partially because he knew her cuteness would take the spotlight off of him.  I had this moment when I looked at everyone there to celebrate my husband and my heart was beyond full.  They love him so much; the truth is he is very easy to love. 



Tony about to have a panic attack from the attention

Tony using Megan's daughter as a an attention "shield"

One of the best parts about last night was my first baby, my niece Devyn, was there.  I call her my first baby because even though I always knew I wanted kids, it was her birth that sealed the deal.  I was 18 when she was born, younger than she is now.  The very first time I held her there was this instant connection and bond.  When her mother had to go back to work, I took care of her.  I loved every minute of it and I still think of her as my baby. 

Princess Devyn and I then…


Still my pretty pretty princess punkin head

When I was at my worst in my addiction the closest I could get to pulling it together was when she was around, not that I was able to do it very often, but for her I tried.  The circle of life is amazing, and one of the coolest things is that very soon I will get to see my first baby holding Zoey.  I hope that they are as close as Devyn and I were.  She’s a beautiful young lady and smarter than she even knows.  She isn’t completely aware yet of how amazing she is, but my hope for her is that she will soon.  Devyn is also fiery and stubborn, and sometimes she drives me crazy, but I do admire her strength and her convictions.  No one will ever run over her that is for sure.  I am so glad that Zoey will have her as an example to look up to. 




2 comments: