Thursday, August 18, 2011

24 weeks!!!

What I discovered during our first pass at the baby registry is that even though I am married to the BUTCHEST man on the planet, he’s sort of a wimp when it comes to shopping.  I DID forewarn him that he would need to eat, stretch, and hydrate before we went.  Is it my fault he didn’t listen when I told him this would be a marathon not a sprint? 

ANY WAY…

Megan is 24 weeks and 4 days pregnant today!  She continues to just blow me away with how well she is taking the changes in her body; I guess the fact that she looks so beautiful must help.  Even still, I don’t know how she does it with such a great attitude and such grace.  She truly is amazing.

Dear Zoey,

My beautiful daughter you are the light of my life.  It is a mere 16 weeks until you make your arrival into the world, and I am torn between sheer joy, like a kid before Christmas, and panic because I want everything to be ready and fitting your arrival.  We are working on getting your home finished for you.  Papa and I both want to create a safe place for you that always feels like love.  Your papa half jokingly asks me if I am going to let him hold you once and awhile when you are born.  I say half joking because the truth is I have carried you in my heart and dreamed of you in my head for so long that when I finally have you in my arms I might not be able to let you go.  My wish for you is that you are safe, healthy, and happy.  I cannot wait to meet you.

All my love,
Daddy

24 weeks There is a princess in there!

5 comments:

  1. You are going to be the cutest daddies ever! Sooooooooooo when do I get to hear about the nursery? What colors are you using? Theme? I just learned how to use wall vinyl in my awesome cutter and I'd be honored if you'd let me send something for sweet baby Zoeys nursery. I just did the sweetest beatles lyrics on Emmas wall. It says
    Golden slumbers fill your eyes
    Smiles awake you when you rise
    Sleep pretty darling do not cry
    And I will sing you a lullaby
    I'll try to upload a pic to my blog this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you turn into helicopter parents...don't worry. They have therapy for that ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the process of COMPLETELY renovating the house, but our nursery is going to be Apple green with a Winnie the Pooh (TIGGER) theme. You are so sweet, I am going to check your blog right now to see the pics!! That is an incredibly sweet offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike and Mike... I KNOW RIGHT?!? LOL we definitely need to find the balance for sure...or find a prepaid therapy program for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a slacker and haven't had a chance to put pics up :( I will get them up tomorrow for sure. I've seen tons of cute quotes from Winnie the Pooh!

    ReplyDelete