Monday, May 2, 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TONY....

Can I gush for a moment?

Today is our anniversary.  It’s funny to think that before we met I thought I was happy as the proverbial clam.  I had no use for the complications of a relationship and I only dated men who had no potential to be around for very long.  I used to wear my bachelorhood like a badge of honor, and I looked down my nose at people who I thought were weak for wanting to be in relationships.  I would wrinkle my noise at friends who would gush about their partners, or pine over lost love.  I would be loving and supportive on the exterior, but my interior monologue was much different.  I always wanted to exclaim CONGRATULATIONS!  When someone would tell me they were going through a break up.  I know what an asshole!  I just did not get it.

Then he came into my life and literally in an instant all of that changed.  The very first time I made eye contact with him I knew something dangerous was going to happen.  I was terrified and decided there and then that this person was to be avoided at all cost!  I am so glad that he made it impossible for me to stay away from him.  I remember that one day, after about 3 months, I woke up and rolled over and looked at him sleeping and thought to myself "Holy crap!  He's still here!  How did I let THAT happen?!?"  And the truth is it happened because of exactly who he is.  Tony is far from perfect, but he is absolutely perfect for me.  I was absolutely right; being in love with someone DOES bring complications with it.  It also brings something that I never knew I always wanted.  My soul mate.  Tony has a way of making everything okay, even when it’s not.  He doesn’t have to do ANYTHING except take my hand and make me look into his eyes and somehow I just KNOW that it will work out.   So today I am so grateful for all of the complications that have come from opening my heart to this man, because with them comes so many blessings.  And now we are having a baby together.  An unfortunate accident of biology made it difficult to create a family, but our love made it possible. 

Happy Anniversary my little Smushy Mcboober Von itchy butt.  You are the wind beneath my wings.  You complete me.  You make me want to be a better man.  I do cherish you.  Love means never having to say you're sorry.  I'll never let go.  Did I mention that you’re the wind beneath my wings? 

5 comments:

  1. You are so cute! Congratulations to you both! I am so glad that you are happy and that Tony was able to break down the walls and get to the real Mikee. You deserve to be truly LOVED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff and Kevin! And Jana, you know me and you know how hard he had to work. LOL. Thank you Banana Bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is 90% "Aww how sweet" and 10% TMI...

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Thanks Bobby!

    ReplyDelete