Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Megan....

Our surrogate.  Our friend.  Our family.  Our angel.   I am so overcome with emotions right now for the woman who carried our baby under her heart for 10 months.  Zoey is healthy and amazing because of her.  I will never be able to express to you what this means to us.  She has given us our dream, a dream that we had very nearly let go of. 
As I hold our daughter I get choked up and think of all the months of morning (afternoon and evening) sickness, the aches and pains, heartburn, swelling, and finally the labor that she went through in order to make this possible.  What an incredible person to give so freely of herself in order for us to have a family.  Her generous spirit and loving soul is something that I pray my daughter has gotten from her; that and her appreciation for John Hughes films and all things 80s.  Megan can do a perfect impression of Molly Ringwald’s dance in “The Breakfast Club”, and it makes me laugh every time.  She can recite practically every line in “Joe Dirt”, she has been late to work to sit with a dog she saw get hit by car, just so that it didn’t have to die alone, and finally she had a baby for a gay couple to fulfill their greatest wish.  For all of these reasons and SO MANY more, I love her with all of my heart.  I am so grateful that we are all stuck with each other.

I love you Megan.

4 comments:

  1. this was a great post. thanks. and it's the way we feel about our baby mama. such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post. The bond between a surrogate and the parents is so special it's hard to put it into words. It's also one that most people don't get. Thanks for sharing, it bring a smile to my face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds like an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so sweet. <3 You are all so lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete