Thursday, September 22, 2011

Birthday Parties!

I LOVE kid’s Birthday parties!  The noise, the chaos, the people, it’s all very exciting!  Megan’s daughter turned 5, and we were fortunate enough to be invited to her party.  I don’t know if I have mentioned it or not, but S is incredibly adorable, and luckily she and I seem to have moved past the unfortunate Barbie movie incident (PHEEEW!).  She was even cuter than normal on this day though and I was impressed with how polite she is for a 5 year old.  As she sat on her chair, surrounded by what can only be described as a SHIT TON of presents, she took her time opening each one and thanking each person after opening the gift.  SHE EVEN OPENED THE CARDS FIRST AND “OOOHED AND AHHHHED”.  I STILL rip open the card, look for any money or cash, and that throw that sucker aside so I can rip into the present. 

Speaking of presents, it’s always a little tricky with kid’s parties.  I am always worried that the kid will open our gifts and say “I have like 10 of these!!!”  Or “That’s for BABIES!”  or something.  Thankfully she enjoyed the presents.

This was also the first time we have met Megan’s extended family.  I have to admit I was a TOTAL wreck about this.  I mean here is there granddaughter, niece, cousin, etc. and she is pregnant… by two GAY men.  As it turned out I should have known I had nothing to worry about, after all these are the women that Megan comes from.  Everyone was full of smiles, and hugs, and “CONGRATULATIONS”.  It was beyond amazing.  The outpouring of support was incredible.  They all just welcomed us in and are excited to love this baby.  It was cool to see the line of women that Zoey is a part of.  To experience the love and strength that pours out of these women. 

It makes me feel good to know that Zoey is a part of them, and that they are a part of her.  She will be an unstoppable force. 

No comments:

Post a Comment