Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Where DOES one rent a skywriter?

We are now 13 weeks 2 days pregnant.  Now that we are in the second trimester Tony is comfortable telling people about the pregnancy.  Early on we decided (and by we I mean Tony) that we were going to wait until 12 weeks to tell people.  Then we actually GOT pregnant and I manipulated charmed him into letting me tell just a “few” of our closest friends, then a few more, then a few more, you get the message.  Still, I could tell that Tony was a little nervous about telling people too early.  Apparently that is behind us because the big lug is telling everyone.  He is going to KILL me when he reads this, but he might as well be flipping open his wallet to reveal all of the ultrasound pictures to anyone trappe...err...interested.  It is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen. 

We were at our friend’s house for a BBQ on Monday having a great time.  Every time I turned around Tony was pulling me into whatever conversation he was having and would say “Babe did you tell so and so the news?”.  I would laugh and tell him I hadn’t.  I was just enjoying his excitement.  At first.  By the 97th time we repeated this interaction I finally just said to him “No Tony, I haven’t told them, I don’t think the caterer cares that we are having a baby”.  At one point he had us in a circle of people discussing baby names.  One of our friends, who thinks that children are only cute on TV, whispers to me “Ugh, is this how it’s going to be now?”  I just smiled at him and said “Yeah.  This is how it’s going to be now”. 

Later that night as we were getting into the car I thanked the valet for his well wishes on our pregnancy and turned to look at my man.  He was beaming.  He is so proud and happy to be having this baby.  What a lucky kid this is.  What a lucky man I am.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful to have found your blog. congratulations guys. my partner and i are only just 4 weeks pregnant with our surro and I can't imagine how elated we will be if we can get to 13 weeks. what an amazing thought. we'll be following. good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posts...but even I have to draw the line at ultrasound pictures!

    ReplyDelete